An SVOD Plan defines how a particular set of videos can be purchased by your apps' customers. The SVOD plan must be created in Brightcove Beacon Classic, and is detailed in the Creating an SVOD Plan document.
Assigning plans in Beacon Studio
You can use the Beacon Studio to associate SVOD plans with media content.
These steps walk through adding a SVOD plan to a movie, but the process is similar for other asset types.
Login to Beacon Studio and select a video.
- In the left navigation, select Media
- Click on the Name of a video
Select Availability and either edit or create a Rule Set.
Scroll down to the Monetization section.
- Expand the Monetization dropdown menu and select SVOD
Enter the SVOD plan name. You will have created this in Beacon Classic.
To learn how to create SVOD plans, see the Creating an SVOD Plan document.
- Click Save.
How TVOD/SVOD appear in the apps
The following screen shots show how SVOD and TVOD implementations appear in a Brightcove OTT web app. The look is similar for other platforms.
- SVOD and TVOD options for an asset - Viewer must be authenticated to see these options
- More purchase options dialog
- Confirm payment for subscription/purchase
- Review purchase TVOD
- Review purchase SVOD