Campaign Fields and Data Definitions
Brightcove Campaign will deliver a set of video viewing data to specific fields in your integrated platform. Below is an example of those fields and a description of what the data is that will populate each field
These fields will always be populated by Brightcove Campaign.
The ID of the Brightcove video associated with the viewing event
The name of the video in Video Cloud
|You can add a custom tracking ID to a URL
|The Global User ID (GUID) used to identify the user
|The ID of the Brightcove Player that created the view event
|The URL of the page where the video was viewed
|Percent watched - How far down the timeline they watched
|Seconds of the video watched - The total amount of time they actually spent with that video
|Last updated date
|A boolean denoting whether or not the view event has been synchronized to the third party platform.
These fields are not automatically populated. They are used to track additional custom data. By default, they are configured to capture interactivity from Gallery In-Page experiences. If you are not using interactivity, these fields will be blank.
|event_1, event_2, event_3
|metric_1, metric_2, metric_3
|UTM fields - utmSource, utmMedium, utmCampaign, utmTerm and utmContent
|For information on working with UTM fields see Working with UTM Fields in the Campaign Module.
Optional field tracking
Once enabled, every event call logged from a Campaign-enabled player will also include the key/value pairs for the video metadata requested.
- This feature is currently only supported for Eloqua integrations (it's possible that more third-party integrations could be supported in the future)
- This feature can only be used for tracking the following types of metadata:
- Video Reference ID
- A comma-delimited list of video tags
- Video custom metadata fields
- Up to 3 values can be set up for this type of tracking
- Once this setup has been completed, Brightcove is unable to remove or modify the custom objects sent to your third-party MAP. In other words, this is a one-time set-up which cannot be reversed at this time.
- This data will not be available through the Campaign module
- This data will not be available through the Audience API
- This data does appear in exported View Events reports
How to request this feature
To set this up please contact Brightcove Support and request that you'd like to "enable a MAP integration for optional field tracking". Please review the above caveats and include the following in your request:
- Your Brightcove Account ID
- The ID of the Eloqua data integration you'd like to enable this on
- Optional fields are set up on an integration-by-integration basis. Since it's possible to have more than one integration on your account, Brightcove will need to know the ID of the integration it should be enabled on.
- Up to 3 fields you’d like to enable. This must be one or a combination of the following:
- Reference ID
- Internal name of an existing video custom metadata field on your account
Once you provide this request to Customer Support, no further work is required on your end to enable this in Eloqua. After Customer Support confirms that the optional fields have been enabled and View Events have been sync'd, you should start to see these additional fields being automatically be added to your BrightcoveVideoView Custom Object in Eloqua.