Understanding Monetization Options
In this topic, you will learn about the different monetization packages available with Brightcove Beacon.
A monetization package defines how you can generate revenue from your app, if you choose to do so.
Here is a list of term and acronym definitions:
||Advertising-based video on demand
||Authenticated video on demand
*Note that AuthVOD can be implemented with and without ads
||Subscription video on demand
*Note that SVOD can be implemented with and without ads
||Video on demand generally refers to video on demand services through cable networks.
Here are the packages offered with Brightcove Beacon. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Visitors can view ad-free content in this plan without authentication.
- Visitors can view content containing ads in this plan without authentication.
- Generally free to consumers since advertisements are shown.
|AuthVOD without ads
- Authenticated users can view ad-free content in this plan by signing in.
- This model often requires users to log in using credentials from another platform, service, cable (TVE), or cellular subscription in order to access content.
- Valuable when coordinating with partnerships or managing multiple properties or branded services.
|AuthVOD with ads
- Authenticated users view content containing ads in this plan by signing in.
- Since viewers have authenticated, they can, for example, make “watchlists” of content and “pause and resume” across devices.
- The service provider can learn more about the end viewer for marketing and advertising purposes.
- Can be thought of as an AuthVOD/AVOD combination.
|SVOD without ads
- Subscribers can view ad-free content in this plan.
- It allows users to consume as much content as they desire at a flat rate per month without ads.
|SVOD with ads
- Subscribers can view content with advertisements in this plan.
- Subscribers may pay a lower monthly rate, but with the lower rate ads must be viewed.
- Can be thought of as an SVOD/AVOD combination.
- Subscribers can view content with a mixture of AVOD and SVOD options.
Page last updated on 10 Jun 2021