Getting Started with Beacon Studio
To access Beacon Studio, navigate to: https://studio.brightcove.com. Sign in with your email address and password. The home page provides the ability to:
You can have a maximum of 5 sessions at any time. A session is initiated any time you log in with the same email address. Once a 6th session is started, the oldest session is invalidated. The Beacon Studio session timeout is 24 hours.
Selecting an account
If you have access to multiple Brightcove accounts, the account selector can be used to select the Brightcove account you want to access. To switch accounts, click on the user icon in the top right corner of Beacon Studio. The current account name will appear in the header and above the list of accounts.
Click the My Profile link to update your user information and password. For more information, see Managing Profile Information.
The Beacon Studio primary navigation provides access to the Studio modules. When the Dashboard is displayed, the module names will display in the primary navigation. For all other modules, only the module icon will be displayed.
Note that the modules that display are based upon your Brightcove Beacon subscription and user profile.
- Dashboard - Beacon Studio dashboard page
- Media - Upload videos, edit video details, create season and series
- Layout - Create page layouts to use in apps
- Live - Create and stream live events
- Cloud Playout - Create live linear channels for videos
- Analytics - View analytics on video and player performance
- Social - Distribute videos to social media accounts
- Players - Create and style players and generate publishing code for players
- Registered Users - Manage users who have created an account with your Brightcove Beacon app
- Admin - Manage Brightcove Beacon account settings
The Beacon Studio settings menu can be accessed from the Admin menu in the primary navigation. The Admin menu provides access to:
- Account Information - View information about the current Brightcove Beacon account
- User Management - Manage the users who are authorized to use Beacon Studio
- Account Settings - Configure general account settings
- Upload Settings - Provides options to customize the Upload module
- Ingest Profiles - Manage the ingest profiles in your Brightcove Beacon account
- Video Fields - Mark standard video fields as required and also view, create, and modify custom metadata fields for the account
- Language Settings - Configure support for additional metadata languages
- Media Sharing - Share videos to other accounts
- Server-Side Ad Settings - Configure server-side ad settings
- Player Settings - Provides the option of using basic user name and password authentication for access to the Player Management and Delivery System APIs
- Live Settings - Manage the settings used by the Live module
- API Authentication - Create and manage API credentials
Using contextual help
Contextual help is available throughout the application. Click the help icon () in the top navigation to open the help panel. As you navigate to different modules and parts of the application, the content in the help panel will update automatically. The help panel can be undocked and moved by clicking the undock button.
When the dialog is undocked, the height of the panel can be changed by dragging the bottom edge of the panel.
The Beacon Studio language can be changed by changing the language in your profile. The following languages are supported:
- Spanish (Spain)
For more information, see Managing Profile Information.